Careers at Covanburn
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious person at the start of their career in the business and construction field. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for knowledge, and relish in the chance to be trained in various areas within the company, as they develop into a well-experienced, multi-skilled and dynamic member of any workforce.
The number of areas the Assistant Coordinator will be trained and supported in are, but not limited to, the following:
- Reception duties – meeting and greeting all clients, answering calls, communicating daily with employees and clients via email, supporting the smooth daily running of the organisation
- Administration duties – assisting the Operations Manager with maintaining a high standard of administration, and other members of staff when required
- HR – supporting the HR Manager with the daily running of HR admin duties including but not limited to the upkeeping of training records, preparing and filing documents for all new starts and leavers, maintaining meticulous holiday and absence records on the HR portal
- Finance – assisting the Finance personnel with the administration tasks of the department and interface with other departments
- Project Operations – working with several specialist areas such as the Commercial team, Procurement, Site Operatives, Project Managers and Engineers to learn the processes and procedures in order to assist the Operations Manager in improving such processes to advance the efficiency and effectiveness of the company
- Health Safety Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) – Assisting the administration of the records and paperwork required and organisation of training and certificates to ensure the health and safety of all employees is a priority and meets all legal requirements
Covanburn will invest heavily in the perfect candidate, by providing a mixture of internal and external training over the course of two years to allow the Assistant Coordinator ample time to develop and grow. This will lead to the experienced member of staff providing quality support to all areas above, and potentially leading the department the role holder’s expertise fits best, that is mutually beneficial for both parties.
The ideal candidate must be:
- Ambitious, eager to learn with a thirst for knowledge
- Highly motivated, energised, passionate about developing a career within Covanburn
- Understands the merit of learning on the job, and has a desire to be multi-skilled and multi-talented
- An aspiration to become knowledgeable and highly experienced within several different functions
- A team player – enjoys supporting and working closely within a team to collectively achieve common goals
- Confident enough to ask questions, provide feedback and contribute new ideas
- Hard working, committed and dedicated
- A good cultural fit – passionate about the company and wants to play an integral role in shaping its future
- Agile and able to adapt quickly to situations when they arise
- Proactive in organising and managing their time to complete tasks efficiently while balancing other duties
It is desirable for applicants to demonstrate a minimum of two years office or administration experience. Alternatively, it must be clearly demonstrated what transferable skills candidates possess that makes them perfect for this role.
Please send all CV’s to email@example.com
MUST INCLUDE a covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role, and what you will do to ensure you use this as opportunity to develop your career within the organisation.
Unfortuantely, because of the high volume of applicants we cannot reply to everyone. If you have not had a response within a week of the closing date you have been unsuccessful at the this time.
Closing date: 08/10/2021