Covanburn have a varied experience in playground construction, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Safer surfacing systems
- Play area fencing
- Renovation and repair of existing installations
As one of the core parts of our business, the playground projects we work on conform to the most up-to-date standards when it comes to safety and performance. To demonstrate our capabilities, Covanburn has achieved places on Framework Contracts for works with Glasgow City council, South Lanarkshire council and are a preferred contractor for West Dumbartonshire council and North Lanarkshire council.
Through these Frameworks, we have delivered jobs that range in value from £5,000 to £3m.
Covanburn consistently wins these projects in the capacity of Principal Contractor, organising project management, preparation of all Health and Safety documentation (including method statements and risk assessments), and site supervision and management, as well as all labour required for the works.
We recognise the significance of community areas and how these benefit local people, and this is reflected in our approach to each individual project.
Projects include play equipment installation, soft landscaping, fencing, and surface finishes, as well as the following:
- Installation of all play equipment
- Installation of surfacing
- Construction of all hard landscaping including kerbing and edging, natural stone setts and slabs
- Self binding gravel surfacing
- Resin bound gravel surfacing
- Tree works and vegetation clearance
- Planting bed preparation and planting
- Soil amelioration
- Herbicide treatment to prevent re-growth
- Treatment of invasive species
- Seeding and turfing
- Wildflower meadow creation
- Planting – trees, shrubs, hedges, and marginal plants